COVID-19 Saftey Updates June 2020
COVID-19 Safe Care
The safety of our patients, staff and the community remain our priority. As a partner of Baylor Scott & White Health, we are proud to continue to serve our patients in a safe environment where they can get back to better.
Snapshot of the Safe Care Plan
- Virtual care options
- Masking of patients & staff
- Modified visitation policy
- Screening at entry
- Enhanced cleaning and touch-free protocols in hospitals and clinics
COVID-19 Screening Process and Visitation Guidelines
Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
You will be asked to provide your name and contact information upon arriving at one of our inpatient hospitals. The following questions and screens will be given.
- Body temperature greater than 100 degrees: VISITATION NOT ALLOWED
Have you had close contact with a COVID+ person in the last 14 days? If yes, VISITATION NOT ALLOWED
Have you had a COVID+ diagnosis in the last 14-days? If yes, VISITATION NOT ALLOWED
New/unexplained cough or difficulty breathing? If yes, VISITATION NOT ALLOWED
Experiencing two or more of the following new/unexplained symptoms: sore throat, muscle aches, headache, chills or new loss of taste or smell? If yes, VISITATION NOT ALLOWED
Are you recovering from COVID? If yes, VISITATION NOT ALLOWED
Are you currently awaiting COVID test results? If yes, VISITATION NOT ALLOWED
- Designated visitation hours (varies by location)
- Visitors must be 16 or older
- Visitors must be screened upon arrival
- One visitor per patient, per day
- Visitors restricted to patient room
- No hospital re-entry on the same day
- Visitors must wear a mask at all times (you may bring one or one will be provided)
- Visitors must adhere to 6-foot social distancing
- No eating or drinking permitted in patient room
Outpatient Therapy Centers
Patient Safety Protocols
- Patient screening: All center patients are screened at the time of their appointment confirmation phone call. For centers located in our inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, patients are screened prior to admission. This process includes taking patients’ temperatures. Patients presenting any level of symptoms do not receive therapy until they are cleared.
- Staff screening: All employees are screened daily upon arrival at the center, including temperature monitoring. Those presenting any level of symptoms are removed from the center and undergo the required 14-day self-quarantine, not returning to the center until they are cleared.
- Health hygiene protocols: Continuous reinforcement with staff regarding hand washing. In addition, general environmental controls are in place, including deep cleaning of centers with EPA approved cleaners. Our Joint Commission accreditation demands high levels of infection control, however in response to COVID-19, those measures have been escalated.
Masking: All therapists are universally masked and we are now requiring patients in our centers to be masked as well.
Procurement Audit: Assessment of equipment and supplies to ensure centers are fully prepared to handle potential exposure to COVID-19.
Employee Safety: Ongoing education and communication to all center employees.
That said, if you do not feel comfortable coming to a center for care during this time, we will gladly reschedule your appointment for a later date. In addition, we are offering Telerehab services so that you can easily connect with one of our licensed therapists through web-based technology that is HIPAA compliant.
For patients coming to our centers for care, we ask that you please limit the number of people who accompany you to your appointments, unless they are necessary for transportation or assistance. If for any reason you are not feeling well, please contact the center and we will be happy to reschedule your appointment.