Neuro Transitional Center Preparing Patients for Life Ahead
3/9/2020 1:00:00 AM
The Neuro Transitional Center at Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation - Dallas prepares patients for life ahead
New facility expands Baylor Scott & White Health’s continuum of care for patients recovering from traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, stroke and other neurological conditions
Dallas, TEXAS (March, 2020) – Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation is now accepting patients at its new Neuro Transitional Center in Dallas. Located adjacent to Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation - Dallas and Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas, this innovative center provides a bridge between inpatient rehabilitation and a patient’s safe return home.
"This unique facility represents an expansion of the continuum of care we offer patients with brain and spine injuries, as well as other neurological conditions,” said Fabian Polo, president of Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation. “Our specialized therapy programs help patients restore their skills and independence, allowing them to safely resume activities at home and in the community.”
Quality care combined with comforts of home
Specially designed for to meet the needs of patients with physical, behavioral and cognitive impairments, the center provides access to comprehensive therapies and other services to improve strength and skills and prepare for a safe transition to home.
The center offers a home-like setting with large, private suites and features:
- Best practices in post-acute rehabilitation, including clinically-proven therapies, advanced treatment and robotic technologies to support each patient’s physical and functional recovery
- A neuro-behavioral program to help patients adjust to life ahead through psychology and neuropsychology services, applied behavioral analysis and behavioral health counseling
- Accommodations for overnight stays for family caregivers to maximize training and education
- Three complete kitchens with a registered dietitian onsite to help patients increase independence in performing daily living tasks
- Scheduled community outings and other activities to improve confidence as patients adapt to life ahead
- Convenient access to emergency services and comprehensive medical support throughout the Baylor University Medical Center campus, if needed
Unique for patients with specific needs
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation – Neuro Transitional Center is the first of its kind in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex to be equipped with specialized ceiling lift that enhances the safety and mobility for all patients, particularly those with a spinal cord injury. In addition, because of Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation’s participation in the North Texas Traumatic Brain Injury Model System – one of only 16 such systems in the nation – patients benefit from the highest level of comprehensive care and treatment from the point of injury through re-entry into community life. Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation is a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical and The Neuro Transitional Center marks the first facility of it's kind for both of these respected healthcare organizations. The Neuro Transitional Center is located at 3601 Swiss Ave. in Dallas.