Important Information Regarding COVID-19
COVID-19 Vaccine InformationOur hospitals are in the process of vaccinating our frontline healthcare workers and we are complying with all applicable state and federal guidance. For more information on the COVID-19 Vaccine, please visit: https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/immunize/vaccine.aspx. For updated vaccine information from Baylor Scott & White Health, visit: BSWHealth.com/covid-vaccine
Masks Still Required
In line with CDC guidance, all patients, visitors and staff will still be required to wear a mask at all of our facilities, including hospitals and clinics. We firmly stand behind these evidence-based safety measures. Our focus remains on protecting your safety and well-being.
Outpatient Therapy Center Policies
Patient Safety Protocols
- Patient screening: All patients are screened at the time of their appointment confirmation phone call. For centers located in our inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, patients are screened prior to admission. This process includes taking patients’ temperatures. Patients presenting any level of symptoms do not receive therapy until they are cleared.
- Staff screening: All employees are screened daily. Those presenting any level of symptoms are removed from the center and undergo the required 14-day self-quarantine, not returning to the center until they are cleared.
- Health hygiene protocols: Continuous reinforcement with staff regarding hand washing. In addition, general environmental controls are in place, including deep cleaning of centers with EPA approved cleaners. Our Joint Commission accreditation demands high levels of infection control, however in response to COVID-19, those measures have been escalated.
Masking: All therapists and patients in our centers are required to be masked.
That said, if you do not feel comfortable coming to a center for care during this time, we will gladly reschedule your appointment for a later date. In addition, our Telerehab services allow you to easily connect with one of our licensed therapists through web-based technology that is HIPAA compliant.
For patients coming to our centers for care, we ask that you please limit the number of people who accompany you to your appointments, unless they are necessary for transportation or assistance. If for any reason you are not feeling well, please contact the center and we will be happy to reschedule your appointment.
Recovery & Reconditioning Program
For those who have recovered from COVID-19, but are suffering severe de-conditioning and weakness, our new Recovery & Reconditioning Program was designed to help regain your strength and get you back physically to where you were before your coronavirus diagnosis.
Now Offering Telerehab
Web-based therapy sessions that you can do in the comfort of your own home. Services include:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Rehabilitation psychology & counseling
COVID-19 Safe Care
The safety of our patients, staff and the community remain our priority. As a partner of Baylor Scott & White Health, we are proud to continue to serve our patients in a safe environment where they can get back to better.
Snapshot of the Safe Care Plan
- Virtual care options
- Masking of patients & staff
- Modified visitation policy
- Screening at entry
- Enhanced cleaning and touch-free protocols in hospitals and clinics
Visit BSWHealth.com for more information about Baylor Scott & White Health's Covid-19 Safe Care Plan.
How You Can Help
- Join the fight, wear a mask
- Practice social distancing
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean/disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Thank you for helping us ensure the safety of our patients and employees, as well as the families of both. For more resources about Covid-19 including expert advice, FAQs and an online screening tool, visit: BSWHealth.com/Covid19.