Important Information Regarding COVID-19
*Effective as of November 12, 2020 at 7pm*Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have enforced a NO VISITATION policy at the following inpatient locations, effective until further notice. We appreciate your understanding in our commitment to keep our patients, hospital staff and community safe.
Debido al coronavirus (COVID-19), hemos aplicado una política de NO VISITACIÓN, efectiva hasta nuevo aviso. Agradecemos su comprensión en nuestro compromiso de mantener a nuestros pacientes, personal del hospital y la comunidad segura.
No Visitation Policy in effect at:
Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals*Effective November 12, 2020, NO VISITATION will be allowed at our Dallas or Fort Worth inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. The following guidelines are still in place for our Frisco and Lakeway locations.
Outpatient Therapy Centers
Patient Safety Protocols
- Patient screening: All center patients are screened at the time of their appointment confirmation phone call. For centers located in our inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, patients are screened prior to admission. This process includes taking patients’ temperatures. Patients presenting any level of symptoms do not receive therapy until they are cleared.
- Staff screening: All employees are screened daily upon arrival at the center, including temperature monitoring. Those presenting any level of symptoms are removed from the center and undergo the required 14-day self-quarantine, not returning to the center until they are cleared.
- Health hygiene protocols: Continuous reinforcement with staff regarding hand washing. In addition, general environmental controls are in place, including deep cleaning of centers with EPA approved cleaners. Our Joint Commission accreditation demands high levels of infection control, however in response to COVID-19, those measures have been escalated.
Masking: All therapists are universally masked and we are now requiring patients in our centers to be masked as well.
Procurement Audit: Assessment of equipment and supplies to ensure centers are fully prepared to handle potential exposure to COVID-19.
Employee Safety: Ongoing education and communication to all center employees.
That said, if you do not feel comfortable coming to a center for care during this time, we will gladly reschedule your appointment for a later date. In addition, our Telerehab services allow you to easily connect with one of our licensed therapists through web-based technology that is HIPAA compliant.
For patients coming to our centers for care, we ask that you please limit the number of people who accompany you to your appointments, unless they are necessary for transportation or assistance. If for any reason you are not feeling well, please contact the center and we will be happy to reschedule your appointment.
Recovery & Reconditioning Program
For those who have recovered from COVID-19, but are suffering severe de-conditioning and weakness, our new Recovery & Reconditioning Program was designed to help regain your strength and get you back physically to where you were before your coronavirus diagnosis. Learn More.
Now Offering Telerehab
Web-based therapy sessions that you can do in the comfort of your own home. Services include:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Rehabilitation psychology & counseling
COVID-19 Safe CareThe safety of our patients, staff and the community remain our priority. As a partner of Baylor Scott & White Health, we are proud to continue to serve our patients in a safe environment where they can get back to better.
How You Can Help
- Join the fight, wear a mask
- Practice social distancing
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean/disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Thank you for helping us ensure the safety of our patients and employees, as well as the families of both.
For more resources about Covid-19 including expert advice, FAQs and an online screening tool, visit: