What is Acute Care Therapy?
Acute care therapy is rehabilitation therapy that occurs within a general hospital setting. Our partnership with Baylor Scott & White Health allows us to treat patients who have been admitted to the hospital, including those who are critically ill. We provide physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and recreational therapy within Baylor Scott & White Medical Centers across North Texas.
Benefits of Acute Care Therapy
- Early intervention with critically ill patients to maximize functionality during the recovery and healing process
- Advanced technology used to diagnose swallowing issues
- Safety assessments, balance screenings, assistive device training and family training for safe discharge from the hospital
- Multidisciplinary team approach
- Treatment for patients with difficulty speaking and/or difficulty understanding the speech of others
- Customized discharge recommendations and resources