About Neuro Transitional Rehabilitation
Transitional rehabilitation is dedicated for individuals with traumatic brain injury (TBI), spinal cord injury* (SCI - C5 and below; not on vent), stroke or other neurological diseases, and who are also at high risk for unsafe discharge. Our Neuro Transitional Center provides a unique environment designed to feel like a home, yet gives patients with physical, behavioral and cognitive impairments access to comprehensive therapy in multiple settings.
Specialized therapists help transitional patients restore independent living skills — with the goal of safely functioning in their home and community. Our new Neuro Transitional Center is another way we're changing rehabilitation for the better.
- Room & Board
- Basic Nursing Services
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
- Case Management
- Clinical Pre-Admissions Evaluations
- Behavioral Analysis
- Intense Medical Community Coordination by our Program Medical Director
- Community Reintegration
Patients will also be able to use the equipment and facilities at Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation – Dallas, and will have quick access to emergency services and comprehensive medical support throughout the Baylor University Medical Center campus.
- 16 years and older
- Diagnosis of acquired brain injury and/or spinal cord injury (C5 and below), and not on a vent
- Ranchos Los Amigos Scale IV and higher
- Requires a 24-hour, 7/day per week structured environment, inclusive of skilled rehabilitation therapy 5 days per week
- Medically no longer require 24-hour nursing or physician care, considered medically stable and safe to manage outside a hospital environment
Physician orders are required for admission to the program.
- Private Commercial Health Insurance
- Workers Compensation
*Medicare and Medicaid does not cover Neuro Transitional services. Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation - Neuro Transitional Center services fall under acquired brain injury (ABI), as specified in the Texas Insurance Code, chapter 1352.
Neuro Transitional Center Features
- Nine suites allowing families to stay overnight as needed to promote maximum family training and education.
- Three complete kitchens for improving basic activities of daily living such as meal planning, preparation, grocery shopping with appropriate assistance and guidance.
- One specialized suite with the Tollos ceiling lift to promote patient safety.
Expanding Our Continuum of Care
For more than 35 years, you’ve come to know Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation as the first choice for traumatic brain injury (TBI), spinal cord injury (SCI), stroke, orthopedic and neuro rehabilitation. In adding Neuro Transitional Rehabilitation, we are expanding our Continuum of Care to even more patients who may have extremely complex rehabilitation needs.
We're Ready When You Need Us
Our Continuum of Care is just one more reason why you should choose Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation. In fact, it's many reasons. From hospital to home, we have the services to help you along your road to recovery. Whether you need all of our services - or just one - we're ready when you need us.
Careers at Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation
Some have jobs. We have a calling. Be a part of the largest rehabilitation network in Texas. Our experienced team of medical professionals are committed to putting our patients first. We are proud to call Baylor Scott & White Rehab home.
Neuro Transitional Center
3601 Swiss Avenue
Dallas, TX 75204