Aquatic therapy is one of the safest, most effective forms of rehabilitation available. The natural buoyancy of water provides a safe environment without the risk of fall or stress on your muscles and joints. By reducing the effects of gravity, aquatic therapy allows your movement to come much easier. Once you are in the pool, you can start performing non-weight bearing activities sooner than if you were at a traditional physical therapy gym.
The following conditions respond well to aquatic therapy:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia Acute Low Back Disc Injuries
- Sports injuries
- Total-Joint replacements
- Post-podiatry or orthopedic surgery
- Chronic spinal stenosis
- Pregnancy related back pain
- Complex regional pain syndrome
Aquatic Therapy is available at the following outpatient locations:
- Baylor Scott & White Rehab – Austin Far West
- Baylor Scott & White Rehab – Grapevine
- Baylor Scott & White Rehab – Landry Therapy Clinic
- Baylor Scott & White Rehab – North Dallas Coit
- Baylor Scott & White Rehab – Plano Alliance
For those looking for access to a pool, but do not have a prescription or a treatment plan that includes aquatic therapy, our Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation - Dallas location offers a Community Aquatics Program with a heated pool to disabled community members who provide both a permission form and a release form signed by their physician. Passes are $30 for 10 visits and can be bought onsite. Community pool hours are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily with extended hours to 6:30 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays. Learn more about the program & guidelines.