Your hands are amazing tools and we often don’t realize just how important they are until we lose some sort of function in them. Hand therapy is treatment specifically tailored for the rehabilitation of the hand and upper extremity injuries, as well as post-surgical therapy. This type of treatment is performed by one of our licensed occupational therapists who specializes in hand therapy. Our licensed occupational therapists use a wide variety of evidence-based strategies to promote independence and maximize quality of life.
Certified Hand Therapists
Many of our hand specialists have additional training and have received the advanced certification of a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT).
Our certified hand therapists can help significantly in the following situations:
- Broken bones or other hand injuries
- Tendon injuries
- Peripheral nerve injuries
- Limitations following a stroke or heart attack
- Arthritic pain
- Sports injuries or accidents
- Upper extremity strains or sprains
- Overuse syndromes or Carpal Tunnel syndrome
- Upper extremity post-surgical rehabilitation
- and many other conditions
To learn more about Hand Therapy at Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, read Emily Poole's patient success story on how a severely broken wrist was repaired & a musical ability was restored. To make an appointment, find an outpatient location near you.