About The Concussion Program

Concussions are on the rise for athletes and non-athletes alike. Motor vehicle accidents, falls, work injuries and sports activities can cause injuries resulting in concussion symptoms. More people are playing contact sports and the rates of concussions are rising among student-athletes from grade school to college level. After an injury, approximately 90% of those diagnosed with a concussion will return to normal activities without medical interventions. The other 10% of concussions will be diagnosed with Post-Concussion Syndrome and can experience the following symptoms.

  • Visual problems
  • Light sensitivity
  • Nausea/vomiting
  • Dizziness
  • Attention problems
  • Fatigue
  • Trouble sleeping
  • Irritability
  • Cognitive slowness
  • Balance issues


Treatment by a physical therapist that specializes in concussion management has been shown to have a positive impact at reducing the above symptoms at a quicker rate than non-intervention. At Baylor Scott & White Rehab, our therapists are trained to provide individualized, conservative treatment approaches to reduce the symptoms of Post-Concussion Syndrome. We will conduct a comprehensive evaluation at a pace appropriate for the patient. This allows us to identify specific deficits unique to post-concussion syndrome and associated issues of ocular dysfunction, headache, muscular pain and balance dysfunctions. We utilize manual therapy treatment approaches and formulate a personalized exercise plan to guide the patient to meet their goals in a safe manner for return to home activities, work or play.

For more information about our Concussion Program or to schedule an appointment, call 888.722.9567 or email [email protected].