About The Running Program
For many, running is therapy. And at Baylor Scott & White Rehab, therapy is our passion. We offer specialized, comprehensive care personalized to meet each patient's goals. We provide runners the ability to improve their running mechanics, rehabilitate from injuries and prevent further dysfunction. And since many of our therapists are runners themselves as well as therapists, we can offer tips and techniques to manage future injuries.
- Assessment of running history and injuries
- Comprehensive musculoskeletal evaluation of strength, flexibility, range of motion and core stability
- In-depth video analysis of running mechanics to identify motor patterns, dysfunctional asymmetries and deficits
- Education on how to improve running mechanics identified from the video analysis
- Assessment of footwear and orthotics to suit each individual's biomechanics
- Home exercise program to improve musculoskeletal imbalances to optimize running mechanics
- Education regarding how female anatomy affects joints and stresses the soft tissue structures
- Guidance for runners pre- and post-partum
- Sensitivity to the female triad: eating disorders, amenorrhea and osteoporosis
Many of our physical therapists are also trained in the IASTM technique, which is an evidenced-based treatment for chronic overuse injuries. Diagnoses such as patellar tendinopathy, plantar fasciitis, IT band syndrome, Achilles tendinitis, hamstring strains and many more respond well to this specialized manual technique.
We are not only committed to our runners in the clinic, but also support them on the road. Our clinicians have provided educational seminars of various topics specific to runners in conjunction with local running companies and organizations. We take pride in our community involvement by partnering with running organizations, providing therapeutic treatment at large and small local events throughout North and Central Texas.
For more information about our Running Program or to schedule an appointment, call 888.722.9567 or email [email protected].