Neonatal and Infant FEES Live course: A multidisciplinary approach
In-person event: February 29 - March 2, 2024
Presented by: Baylor University Medical Center, part of Baylor Scott & White Health
Hosted by: Select Medical
Location: Baylor University Medical Center - Roberts Hospital - 17th Floor | 3500 Gaston Avenue, Dallas, TX 75246
- Jenny Reynolds, MS, CCC-SLP, BCS-S, CLC, CNT
- Kristin Taylor, M/OTL, CLC, CNT, NTMTC
- Brittany Rush, MS, CCC-SLP, CNT
- Romaine Johnson, MD, MPH, FACS, Pediatric Otolaryngologist
- Mustafa Suterwala, MD, Pediatric Hospitalist
Registration - Three-day course:
- Main Course Only (February 29th-March 2nd): $699 ($649 if registered by January 26, 2024, at 5:00 p.m. CST) - Register here
- Main Course + Post Course (Endoscopy Lab-SLP/MD only) (February 29th-March 2nd): $750 ($700 if registered by January 26, 2024, at 5:00 p.m. CST) - Seats are limited - maximum of 20 participants - Register here
- Post Course + Sim Lab Only (March 2, 2024): $250 - Seats are limited - maximum of 5 participants - Register here
Online registration closes February 27, 2024, at 12:00 a.m. CST. Pre-registration for the conference is required. Seats are limited and if filled, please register for the main course only and contact [email protected] to be put on a wait list/interest list for the post course. You will be contacted by Brittany Rush if seats become available for the post
About the course
An intermediate-level course for the creation and implementation of a multidisciplinary neonatal and infant fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing (FEES) program. This is not an advanced FEES course. This course will also include an overview of neonatal therapy practice.
Participants will receive three days of didactic education, infant FEES video interpretation, and an opportunity for interactive role-play to perform a bottle and breastfeeding FEES procedure with an infant simulation doll and FEES equipment. The post-course offering will include hands-on training in passing and handling the endoscope safely and effectively. The participants in the post-course will be performing endoscopy on each other. The endoscopy lab is an introductory lab and that they will have an opportunity for five passes on adult participants.
- Describe at least two anatomical and physiologic abnormalities viewed endoscopically that contribute to infant dysphagia.
- Distinguish at least two clinical indications for neonatal VFSS and FEES.
- Identify the appropriate sequence for neonatal and infant bottle feeding and breastfeeding during FEES.
- Identify two abnormal swallowing parameters observed during neonatal and infant FEES.
- Identify at least three key components necessary to implement a multidisciplinary neonatal and infant FEES program.
- Recognize the impact of at least two feeding problems on the infant/parent dyad.
Hotels, lodging and meals
Coming soon. Updates will be added closer to the course. Those who are registered will also receive an email with more information closer to the course dates.
If paying by check, please mail checks to:
Baylor University Medical Center
c/o Kristine Debuty
3500 Gaston Avenue, Suite 205, Hoblitzelle
Dallas, TX 75246
- Internal participants may reach out to Brittany Rush at [email protected] for additional payment options. Brittany will then email back with options and pass along your information to our registration team.
- If you are an attendee that will be providing payment with an international address (non-US address) - Please contact Brittany Rush: [email protected]. Unfortunately, we are unable to process credit cards for participants with an international address. You can provide a check or money draft. Brittany Rush will provide details on how to do that.
- All cancellation requests must be made in writing. Email Brittany Rush at [email protected] within 72 hours of the course offering. Baylor Scott & White Health and/or Select Medical (dba Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation) reserves the right to substitute faculty or to cancel or reschedule sessions because of unforeseen circumstances. A cancellation fee of $175 will apply until February 2, 2024. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after February 2, 2024. Refunds will be issued within 60 days of your written cancellation request. Baylor Scott & White Health will not be responsible for distributing refunds due to acts of God, illness, unforeseen occurrence or any other event(s) that hinders attendance to this conference.