Neonatal and Infant FEES course: A multidisciplinary approach
Virtual event: November 10-11, 2023
Presented by: Baylor University Medical Center, part of Baylor Scott & White Health
Hosted by: Select Medical
- Jenny Reynolds, MS, CCC-SLP, BCS-S, CLC, CNT
- Kristin Taylor, M/OTL, CLC, CNT, NTMTC
- Brittany Rush, MS, CCC-SLP, CNT
- Romaine Johnson, MD, MPH, FACS, Pediatric Otolaryngologist
- Mustafa Suterwala, MD, Pediatric Hospitalist
Two-day course: $650 ($600 if registered by September 29, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. CST)
About the course
This live, virtual program is an intermediate level course for the creation and implementation of a multidisciplinary neonatal and infant fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing (FEES) program. This is not an advanced FEES course.
Participants will receive two days of didactic education, infant FEES video interpretation, and an opportunity to observe a bottle and breastfeeding FEES procedure with an infant simulation doll and FEES equipment.
If you have any questions about course content, program implementation, or further FEES course training opportunities please email: [email protected].
- Describe at least two anatomical and physiologic abnormalities viewed endoscopically that contribute to infant dysphagia.
- Distinguish at least two clinical indications for neonatal VFSS and FEES.
- Identify the appropriate sequence for neonatal and infant bottle feeding and breastfeeding during FEES.
- Identify two abnormal swallowing parameters observed during neonatal and infant FEES.
- Identify at least three key components necessary to implement a multidisciplinary neonatal and infant FEES program.
- Recognize the impact of at least two feeding problems on the infant/parent dyad.
- If paying by check, please mail checks to:
Baylor University Medical Center
c/o Kristine Debuty
3500 Gaston Avenue, Suite 205, Hoblitzelle
Dallas, TX 75246
- If you are an attendee that will be providing payment with an international address (non-US address) - Please contact Brittany Rush: [email protected]. Unfortunately, we are unable to process credit cards for participants with an international address. You can provide a check or money draft. Brittany Rush will provide details on how to do that.
- All cancellation requests must be made in writing. Email Brittany Rush at [email protected] within 72 hours of the course offering. Baylor Scott & White Health and/or Select Medical (dba Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation) reserves the right to substitute faculty or to cancel or reschedule sessions because of unforeseen circumstances. A cancellation fee of $175 will apply until October 20, 2023. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after October 20, 2023. Refunds will be issued within 60 days of your written cancellation request. Baylor Scott & White Health will not be responsible for distributing refunds due to acts of God, illness, unforeseen occurrence or any other event(s) that hinders attendance to this conference.