Oncology Physical Therapy Residency
The Oncology Physical Therapy Residency Program provides residents with a minimum of 12 months of intensive study in the physical therapy specialty of oncology. Upon completion, residents will be prepared to earn their board certification in oncology. The program includes direct patient care, mentoring time, didactic education, projects and presentations. The Residents will also earn their CLT through a lymphedema training school, such as Norton or Klose.
- Program Length: 52 weeks with program entrance date in March each year.
- Application Deadline: December of each year.
- Location: Sammons Cancer CenterBaylor Scott & White Rehab –
- Salary: Residents will receive a salary as an employee of Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation equivalent to new graduate physical therapists.
- Caseload: Consists of oncology patients as defined in the APTA DSP. Resident’s caseload and schedule are adapted for mentoring.
- Benefits: The resident is eligible for benefits as a full time employee of Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation. This includes employer supported health insurance, paid time-off (vacation, sick time, and organization holidays). This is not an all-inclusive list. Applicants are directed to the BSWIR site for a full description of benefits.
- Course fees: Resident is required to pay for lymphedema certification. The resident is not required to pay for education provided by ReVital courses hosted by Select Medical.
Residency Eligibility Requirements
- Must be licensed to practice physical therapy in Texas
- One year relocation to Dallas, TX
- Excellent communication skills
- Physical ability to perform examination and treatment procedures
- Psychological and social stability required for successful completion of the program
- Evidence of commitment to a career in Oncology
- Strong skills in scientific inquiry and writing
- Online application through RF-PTCAS
- 2 letters of recommendation
- CV / Resume
- Transcript from PT program
Ready To Apply?
Applications are accepted online through a centralized application website provide by the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education.
Current Program Data
Year Accredited: In Candidacy Status 2019
For more information, visit the residency directory page on the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education website. You may also contact the program director.
Jessica Bertram, PT, DPT, CLT
Baylor Scott & White Rehab – Grapevine
1643 Lancaster Dr, STE 100
Grapevine, TX 76051
P: 817-329-2524 | F: 817-329-2685