Sports Physical Therapy Residency
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation’s Sports Physical Therapy residency is a 12-month, intensive study with a focus on providing treatment to patients with sports-related injuries. This accredited residency will prepare therapists to sit and pass the sports specialty exam administered by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties. The program includes direct patient care, venue coverage, mentoring time, didactic education, projects and presentations.
*Currently, our Sports Physical Therapy Residency is only open to employees of Baylor Rehab.
- Program Length: 12 Months, starting in early January of each year.
- Application Deadline: Late September of each year.
- Location: Baylor Rehab Outpatient Therapy – Dallas Carroll.
- Salary: Residents will retain their current salary as an employee of Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation.
- Caseload: Residents will carry a full-time equivalent caseload consisting of sports patients as defined in the APTA description of specialty practice and is adapted as indicated for clinical mentoring. Residents will carry a full-time equivalent caseload.
- Benefits: Residents will retain their current benefits as an employee of Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation.
- Venue Coverage: Must complete 200 athletic venue coverage hours over the course of the residency.
- Course Fees: Estimated at $400/year. Residents must cover the cost of a Medbridge membership and any other costs associated with their curriculum.
Didactic Curriculum for Residency in Sports Physical Therapy
- Medbridge SCS Prep Course
Residency Eligibility Requirements
- Baylor Rehab employee with at least one year of experience
- Active Texas PT license
- Current Emergency Medical Responder, ATC or EMT
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Physical ability to perform examination and treatment procedures
- Strong skills in scientific inquiry and writing
- Psychological and social stability required for successful completion of the program
Ready To Apply?
Applications are accepted through a centralized application website provide by the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education.
For more information about this residency, visit the profile page on the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education website. You may also contact the program director.