Acute Care Physical Therapy Residency
The Acute Care Physical Therapy Residency Program provides residents with a minimum of 12 months of intensive study in the area of Acute Care Physical Therapy, preparing the resident to practice with an advanced level of skill in the acute care setting in preparation for a future ABPTS approved clinical specialty in Acute Care. This accredited program includes direct patient care, mentoring time, didactic education, projects and presentations.
- Program length: 52 weeks with program entrance date in August each year.
- Application deadline: February of each year.
- Location: Baylor University Medical Center – Dallas.
- Salary: Residents will receive a salary as an employee of Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation Hospital Division equivalent to new graduate physical therapists.
- Caseload: Consists of patients requiring hospitalization for acute medical conditions in the hospital service lines of Medical/Surgical, Neurological, Orthopedic, Oncology and Cardiopulmonary. Your caseload is adapted for mentoring.
- Benefits: Residents are eligible for benefits as an employee of Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation Hospital Division. This includes, but is not limited to, employer supported health insurance and paid time off.
Residency eligibility requirements
- Must be licensed to practice physical therapy in Texas*
- Excellent communication skills
- Physical ability to perform examination and treatment procedures
- Psychological and social stability required for successful completion of the program
- Evidence of commitment to a career in acute care practice
- Strong skills in scientific inquiry and writing
- Meet all requirements for employment at Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation Hospital Division
*Eligibility to sit for exam based on graduation requirement being met will be considered.
- Online application
- Personal information form
- Two letters of recommendation
- CV / Resume
- Transcript (unofficial) from PT program
Ready to apply?
Applications are accepted online through a centralized application website provide by the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education.
Apply for Acute Care Physical Therapy Residency
Year Accredited: 2018
Number of Graduates: 4
Program Completion Rate: 80%
BSWIR Retention Rate: 75%
For more details, visit the residency directory page on the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education website. You may also contact the program director.