Day Neuro Rehabilitation Program
Our comprehensive Day Neuro Rehabilitation Program provides a wide range of specialty services for individuals with an acquired brain injury. Acquired brain injuries include traumatic brain injury, stroke, brain tumor or other neurological conditions.
This program offers the advantages of living at home while receiving the benefits of a full-day rehabilitation program with a comprehensive interdisciplinary approach to recovery. The program is geared to patients who will benefit from high-intensity rehabilitation services, but do not require 24-hour nursing care in a hospital setting.
The goal of the Day Neuro Day Rehabilitation Program is to maximize personal and functional independence in order to return to independent living and productive activity at home and in the community.
Our team of medical professionals including speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists and neuropsychologists work together with physicians to provide individualized, outcome-oriented intervention.
Program admission criteria
The following guidelines are used by the clinical team to help determine an individual’s appropriateness for admission into the Day Neuro Rehabilitation Program.
- Potential for independent functioning at home and/or in the community
- Potential for return to employment, school or active lifestyle
- Able to tolerate up to six hours of activity per day, up to five days per week
- Able to follow a set schedule and recall how to perform simple self-care tasks such as eating, bathing and dressing
- Demonstrates bowel and bladder continence or able to follow a bowel and bladder program
After initial evaluation, your team will meet with you to develop an individualized plan of care and determine an anticipated length of stay.
View our Day Neuro Program scorecards:
- Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation - Dallas Day Neuro Program scorecard
- Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation - Frisco Day Neuro Program scorecard
- Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation - Fort Worth Day Neuro Program scorecard
- Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation - Lakeway Day Neuro Program scorecard
- Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation - Las Colinas Day Neuro Program scorecard
We’re here to help rebuild life skills. In addition to physical, occupational and speech therapy, our program includes recreational therapy, group treatment, community outings and independent work time.
During recreational therapy, you will work towards your goals for community reintegration and participation in leisure and recreational activities with your therapist.
Group treatments are evidence-based and led by our skilled therapists. Groups are assigned based on each participant’s goals. Physical therapy groups include group exercises to promote improved physical function and endurance. Speech and occupational therapy groups promote cognitive and communication independence, increased satisfaction with social interactions, return to work and return to independence. Educational groups include brain injury education, stroke education, and health literacy with the aim to increase knowledge of your injury and ability to self-advocate for healthcare needs.
Community outings allow you to practice skills and strategies that are learned in physical, occupational, speech and/or recreational therapy while participating in activities such as:
- Grocery shopping
- Visiting a local park or community center
- Playing miniature golf/bowling
- Going to a local museum
- Working out at a local fitness center
Independent work time includes activities to help you establish self-reliance based on your personal needs and goals, such as:
- Use of exercise equipment
- Self-stretching or strengthening exercises
- Speech therapy homework
- Activities to target work-related skills
- Therapeutic rest time
Frequently asked questions
Like many patients and their families, you may have questions about our Day Neuro Rehabilitation Program. The following FAQs may help.
We have multiple Day Neuro Rehabilitation Program locations for your convenience:
- Dallas - located within our rehabilitation hospital
- Frisco - located within our rehabilitation hospital
- Fort Worth - located within our rehabilitation hospital
- Las Colinas - located in Irving/Las Colinas area
- Lakeway - located within in our rehabilitation hospital
Hours of therapy services are from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. daily, Monday-Friday. Therapy hours vary by location.
We look forward to helping you on your rehabilitation journey. A family member or caregiver will need to accompany you on the first day and stay with you throughout the orientation process.
Once you arrive, our patient service specialist will greet you and verify that all admission paperwork has been completed. After that, you will meet with your case manager for program orientation.
Next, each member of your rehabilitation team will evaluate your needs and work with you on developing an individualized treatment plan.
We will be with you every step of the way to answer any questions or concerns.
You’ll be with us throughout the day, so please come prepared with some personal items. Below are the common items we recommend you bring:
- Any medications you will need to take during your therapy day. The medication policy will be provided at the time of orientation.
- Lunch will be provided free of charge* in the cafeteria.
- Bathroom supplies if needed.
- Any equipment you need from home, including a gait belt, walker, cane, crutches, and/or glucometer.
- Snacks or beverages you may want during your day.
- Any memory book or information developed by the treatment team.
*at select locations (Frisco and Fort Worth)
We make it easy for you to join us.
- We are happy to arrange transportation for those who qualify and live within a designated range from our Day Neuro clinics.
- For those who qualify for our transportation services, pick-up times will be coordinated with each patient/family during orientation.
Our care team understands that occasionally you may have medical appointments during treatment hours. Please take a moment to inform your primary therapist or front desk of all your scheduled appointments.
- If possible, please schedule your medical appointments in the early morning or late afternoon to minimize the impact to your therapy schedule.
- We ask that if you must leave the treatment area or the building for any reason, please speak with a staff member first.
- Your success is important to us. Therefore, it is important that you attend the program on a consistent basis. Three unexcused or unreported absences may result in discharge from the program.
- If you are sick or need to cancel an appointment, please call the front desk as soon as possible.
- Please be aware that if you have an appointment with your physician at Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, you are responsible for the co-pay at the time of service.
The cost of the program varies depending upon your specific treatment plan. We are contracted with most major insurance companies. Your specific benefits will be discussed with you prior to starting the program.
To check and see if your policy is in our network, please call our scheduling office at 888.722.9567 to verify your insurance.
If your insurance does not cover the program, or you do not have insurance coverage, we do offer financial assistance options. Please contact us at 888.722.9567 to discuss how we can help.
We Can Help Manage Your Neurologic Disease
We will work closely with you, and your family, physician/neurologist and/or the referring hospital to ensure a smooth transition to Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation.